The Yard Butler Sod Plugger is one of the smoothest and most economical ways to establish a new lawn, convert a troubled lawn, or repair a damaged lawn. It digs holes and transplants sod from an existing grass area, while easily extracts a soil core the same size as most commercially available plugs on the market. Great for planting plugs of Zoysia, Bermuda, Centipede, St. Augustine and most turf grasses. The 33 inch ejector handle eliminates bending over. The heavy duty powder coated steel is guaranteed to last a lifetime.
- Great for planting plugs of Zoysia, Bermuda, Centipede, St. Augustine and most turf grasses
- Plugs fit tightly into prepared holes, ensuring better growth and survival
- Easy ejector handle eliminates bending over
- Steel; 33 inches tall, 9 inches wide, weighs 4 lbs
- Water the area before digging and planting. It makes the soil easier to work with and makes the ground a moist host for the sod plug roots.
- Position the Sod Plugger where new plug is to be placed. Step down on side foot bar to cut hole. Lift up tool to remove soil core. Remove soil core by pressing down on ejector handle.
- Cut transplant plug from existing lawn or from new sod. Leaving the grass plug in the tool, position the Sod Plugger in the prepared hole. Press on ejector handle to insert new plug into hole.
- Tap the plug firmly into place by stepping on it.
- Keep plugs moist until they are well established.
- Plant in a checkerboard pattern 12″ apart.
Product SKU: ISP-33