The Yard Butler Roto Planter works for you. Just attach to any cordless drill 3/8 inch or larger, it digs holes up to 22 inches deep and 2 ¾ inches wide with the ease of a power tool. The Roto Planter Garden Auger is unsurpassed for planting bulbs, bedding plants and seedlings; installing pvc sprinkler lines under sidewalks; insecticide applications and termite treatments; deep watering, aerating and fertilizing trees and shrubs; and weeding. Save time and energy with Yard Butler’s garden augers. Solid steel construction for durability and reliability.
- Digs holes up to 22 inches deep and 2 ¾ inches wide
- It digs for you! Just insert into any 3/8 inches or larger electric or cordless drill
- Great tool for dozens of garden applications including planting, weeding, irrigation and insecticide treatments
- Steel; 24 inches long and 2 ¾ inches wide, weighs 1 lb
- Insert Roto Planter into drill with pointed tip away from drill. Tighten drill chuck securely.
- Hold the drill firmly with both hands. Place the drill tip of the Roto Planter straight down into ground where you wish to dig.
- Start drill slowly. Do not push too hard. Medium speed is adequate to operate the Roto Planter. Allow Roto Planter to drill its own hole.
- Dig down 2″ – 3″ then slowly pull out, allowing dirt to spin off.
- Repeat until desired depth is reached. Works best in damp soil.
Caution: If you hit a rock, root or other object, you will have to relocate the hole. Roto Planter is not designed to dig through hard materials.
Product SKU: IRP-3