The Yard Butler Roto Earth Auger work sfor you. Just attach to any cordless drill 3/8 inch or larger, it digs holes up to 16 inches deep x 1 ¼ inches wide with the ease of a power tool. The Roto Earth Auger is unsurpassed for planting bulbs, bedding plants and seedlings; installing pvc sprinkler lines under sidewalks; insecticide applications and termite treatments; deep watering, aerating and fertilizing trees and shrubs; and weeding. Save time and energy with Yard Butler’s garden augers. Solid steel construction for durability and reliability.
- Digs holes up to 16 inches deep and 1 ¼ inches wide
- It digs for you! Just insert into any 3/8 inch or larger electric or cordless drill
- Great tool for dozens of garden applications including irrigation and termite treatments
- Steel; 18 inches long and 1 ¼ inches wide, weighs 1 lb
- Insert Roto Auger into drill with pointed tip away from drill. Tighten drill chuck securely.
- Hold the drill firmly with both hands.
- Place the drill tip of the Roto Auger straight down into ground where you wish to dig.
- Start drill slowly. Do not push too hard. Medium speed is adequate to operate the Roto Auger. Allow Roto Auger to drill its own hole.
- Dig down 2″ – 3″ then slowly pull out, allowing dirt to spin off.
- Repeat until desired depth is reached. Works best in damp soil.
Caution: If you hit a rock, root or other object, you will have to relocate the hole. Roto Auger is not designed to dig through hard materials.
Product SKU: IREA-4