Zoysia Sod Plugger
Zoysia Sod Plugger Advantages:
- Great for planting plugs of Zoysia, Bermuda, Centipede, St. Augustine and other turf grasses
- Easy ejector handle eliminates bending over
- Digs holes and transplants from existing grass areas — easily extracts a soil core that is the same size as the plug
- Plugs fit tightly into prepared holes, ensuring better growth and survival
- Digs holes and transplants new grass plugs — same size as most commercially available plugs
- Sod Plugger
Ships within 2-3 business days
The Benefits of Plugging Your Grass
Plugging is one of the simplest and most economical ways to establish a new lawn, convert a troubled lawn, or repair a damaged lawn. Grass plugs have a complete root system and are easier to establish than sod. Moisture is probably the most important consideration immediately after planting. Adjust watering to climatic conditions. Without rainfall, grass plugs should be watered daily for the first 7 to 10 days. Soil and plug moisture must be maintained. Consult with your gardening expert about the desired amount of water. Root-in will occur in approximately 14-20 days during cool months and 7-14 days during warm months.
Don’t be afraid to mow a new lawn. After the turf begins to grow, mow at recommended heights. By mowing early and not letting excessive grass accumulate, the texture will be finer, many upright weeds will be killed, the turf will become more dense, and lateral spread will increase.
1. Water the area before digging and planting. It makes the soil easier to work with and makes the ground a moist host for the sod plug roots.
2. Position the Sod Plugger where new plug is to be placed. Step down on side foot bar to cut hole. Lift up tool to remove soil core. Remove soil core by pressing down on ejector handle.
3. Cut transplant plug from existing lawn or from new sod. Leaving the grass plug in the tool, position the Sod Plugger in the prepared hole. Press on ejector handle to insert new plug into hole.
4. Tap the plug firmly into place by stepping on it.
5. Keep plugs moist until they are well established.
6. Plant in a checkerboard pattern 12″ apart.
Any item may be returned within 30 days for a refund, exchange or credit for any reason. It must be in the same condition as you received it. All return credits and refunds exclude any delivery charges. Yard Butler will replace any tool damaged in shipping. Please follow the instructions listed under Return Policy for returning any item.
The Yard Butler tools are the highest quality we can make and under normal usage will give a lifetime of dependable service.
Yard Butler guarantees all Yard Butler tools for life against any defects in manufacturing or materials. (In some cases, such as the Hose Reels and Swivel Reels, we have a more specific limited warranty, found by clicking here.) Follow the instructions on the FAQ page for returning a defective tool and we will either repair it or ship you a new tool at no charge.
Yard Butler cannot replace tools that
- were abused or used in a manner inconsistent with their intended purpose
- have worn out from normal use