24 Inch Garden Bulb Auger
24 Inch Garden Bulb Auger Advantages:
- Roto Planter
- Digs holes up to 22" deep and 2 3/4" wide
- It digs for you! Just insert into any 3/8" or larger electric or cordless drill.
- Plant Bulbs, Bedding Plants and Seedlings
- Deep water, aerate and fertilize trees and shrubs
- Gets the weeds, roots and all
- Roto Planter
Ships within 2-3 business days
- Insert Roto Planter into drill with pointed tip away from drill. Tighten drill chuck securely.
- Hold the drill firmly with both hands. Place the drill tip of the Roto Planter straight down into ground where you wish to dig.
- Start drill slowly. Do not push too hard. Medium speed is adequate to operate the Roto Planter. Allow Roto Planter to drill its own hole.
- Dig down 2″ – 3″ then slowly pull out, allowing dirt to spin off.
- Repeat until desired depth is reached. Works best in damp soil.
Caution: If you hit a rock, root or other object, you will have to relocate the hole. Roto Planter is not designed to dig through hard materials.
PLANTING Consult your local nursery for proper depth and spacing of bulbs and plants. Drill hole to desired depth. Insert the bulb or seedling. Cover with soil.
TREE AERATION To aerate or fertilize trees and large shrubs, drill holes two feet apart around the outside drip line. Insert fertilizer into holes. For improved long term drainage, fill in holes with gravel or pebbles.
ELECTRICAL WIRING To install electrical wiring under sidewalks, dig down with a shovel on each side of walkway. Be sure to dig at least 3″ deeper than the thickness of the sidewalk. Begin drilling hole at a slight slant from below the edge of the sidewalk. Dig 2″ – 3″ at a time and remove dirt until hole is about half way under the sidewalk. Insert broom or rake handle into the hole. From the other side, line up Roto Planter with the handle and repeat the drilling process. The handle should move when the holes meet.Feed the wire through the hole.
IRRIGATION PIPE OR PVC To install pipe under sidewalks, run 6″ – 8″ trench up to edge of both sides of walkway. Drill a horizontal hole rather than a slant hole. Dig 2″ – 3″ at a time and remove dirt until hole is about half way under the sidewalk. Repeat from the other side. Insert pipe through the hole.
Any item may be returned within 30 days for a refund, exchange or credit for any reason. It must be in the same condition as you received it. All return credits and refunds exclude any delivery charges. Yard Butler will replace any tool damaged in shipping. Please follow the instructions listed under Return Policy for returning any item.
The Yard Butler tools are the highest quality we can make and under normal usage will give a lifetime of dependable service.
Yard Butler guarantees all Yard Butler tools for life against any defects in manufacturing or materials. (In some cases, such as the Hose Reels and Swivel Reels, we have a more specific limited warranty, found by clicking here.) Follow the instructions on the FAQ page for returning a defective tool and we will either repair it or ship you a new tool at no charge.
Yard Butler cannot replace tools that
- were abused or used in a manner inconsistent with their intended purpose
- have worn out from normal use