18 Inch Garden Bulb Auger
18 Inch Garden Bulb Auger Advantages:
- Roto Auger
- Digs holes up to 16" deep and 1 1/4" wide
- Insecticide applications and termite treatments
- Electrical or sprinkler installations under sidewalks
- Deep water, aerate and fertilize trees and shrubs
- It digs for you! Just insert into any 3/8" or larger electric or cordless drill.
- Roto Auger
Ships within 2-3 business days
- Insert Roto Auger into drill with pointed tip away from drill. Tighten drill chuck securely.
- Hold the drill firmly with both hands.
- Place the drill tip of the Roto Auger straight down into ground where you wish to dig.
- Start drill slowly. Do not push too hard. Medium speed is adequate to operate the Roto Auger. Allow Roto Auger to drill its own hole.
- Dig down 2″ – 3″ then slowly pull out, allowing dirt to spin off.
- Repeat until desired depth is reached. Works best in damp soil.
Caution: If you hit a rock, root or other object, you will have to relocate the hole. Roto Auger is not designed to dig through hard materials.
PLANTING Consult your local nursery for proper depth and spacing of bulbs and plants. Drill hole to desired depth. Insert the bulb or seedling. Cover with soil.
TREE AERATION To aerate or fertilize trees and large shrubs, drill holes two feet apart around the outside drip line. Insert fertilizer into holes. For improved long term drainage, fill in holes with gravel or pebbles.
TERMITE BARRIERS For insecticide applications, drill hole to depth specified by insecticide manufacturer. Follow all manufacturer’s directions and cautions specified on the label.
WEEDING For weeding, center the Roto Auger point directly over the center of the weed and drill down until the root is removed.
ELECTRICAL WIRING To install electrical wiring under sidewalks, dig down with a shovel on each side of walkway. Be sure to dig at least 3″ deeper than the thickness of the sidewalk. Begin drilling hole at a slight slant from below the edge of the sidewalk. Dig 2″ – 3″ at a time and remove dirt until hole is about half way under the sidewalk. Insert broom or rake handle into the hole. From the other side, line up Roto Digger with the handle and repeat the drilling process. The handle should move when the holes meet. Feed the wire through the hole.
Any item may be returned within 30 days for a refund, exchange or credit for any reason. It must be in the same condition as you received it. All return credits and refunds exclude any delivery charges. Yard Butler will replace any tool damaged in shipping. Please follow the instructions listed under Return Policy for returning any item.
The Yard Butler tools are the highest quality we can make and under normal usage will give a lifetime of dependable service.
Yard Butler guarantees all Yard Butler tools for life against any defects in manufacturing or materials. (In some cases, such as the Hose Reels and Swivel Reels, we have a more specific limited warranty, found by clicking here.) Follow the instructions on the FAQ page for returning a defective tool and we will either repair it or ship you a new tool at no charge.
Yard Butler cannot replace tools that
- were abused or used in a manner inconsistent with their intended purpose
- have worn out from normal use